WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF HAVING A KETTLEBELL KITCHEN IN YOUR BUSINESS?
“Corporate wellness” is the new buzz phrase. It isn’t a new concept, but one that has moved into the forefront of many businesses today.
Since health care costs continue to sky rocket and the economy remains challenging, business owners and managers are being forced to look at all costs related to their number one asset – their employees!
The benefits of fit and healthy employees are numerous for both the employer and the employee and there are also many benefits from a monetary stand point; such as the fit employee is less likely to be absent due to sickness. Absenteeism is a major source of lost revenue within businesses, with an average of 2.8% of working time being lost across the UK in a year, costing an average of £16 Billion*
Other benefits include having employees with more energy and a better sense of well-being within the workplace.
This energy allows the employee to stay focused at work. A healthy and fit employee also tends to have a higher level of self-confidence in themselves and inspires confidence in others around them. Employees who know how to set fitness goals and stay motivated to exercise may also be goal-oriented at work or more focused on achieving tasks and actions.
Leading a life with a good attitude and less stress is also a benefit of a healthy and fit employee.
* www.personneltoday.com largest annual survey 2014
Why should a workplace be concerned about healthy eating?
When a workplace can help employees to make wise food choices, as part of a workplace health program, it can influence the person’s long-term health and wellness.
Together – healthy eating and active living – combined with a positive outlook can lead to:
- Reduced risk of heart disease and some forms of cancer.
- Elevated mood, energy and self-esteem.
- Reduced anxiety and stress.
- Opportunities to spend enjoyable time with family and friends.
Does the workplace influence how people eat?
The workplace environment influences the health of its employees.
For example, if a healthy eating program is offered, remember to look at where the employees eat their lunch. Beyond this, it is important to look at what is offered at vending machines and staff cafeterias.
Looking at the larger picture to see how the workplace itself influences the eating patterns of the employees will help
We feel we are unique in several ways such as and can offer the following;
- On site, healthy, fresh, fast food for your staff.
- An easy way for your staff to add balanced meals into their diets – rather than sticking to the mundane lunchtime choices readily available on the high-street or in nearby shops.
- Clean ingredients in all of our foods – we source as many aspects of our menu from local farms and suppliers to ensure freshness and quality.
- Ease – having such variety of hot and cold foods each day keeps interest levels high and we create weekly specials to ensure new interesting ideas are brought to the table.
- Redefining – the way on site catering looks. No plain sandwiches. No boring pasta dishes.
- We want to supply wholesome and nutritious food to those who don’t always have access to healthy food.
- Creative – in the way we present our food.
- Friendly – environment created for all employees and visitors to the building.
- We offer catering packages for any corporate events you may have.
- Strong ethos in relation to ingredients and the health benefits of using certain products in our foods which have an impact on overall health and wellbeing – for example, pink salt.
- Educated staff who know how to communicate our message and understand our menu.
Staff morale and productivity is boosted through the consumption of brain food.
Here are some of our recent testimonials;
Charlie Dickinson – Marketing Executive, prettylittlething.com
“The food is always fresh and cooked to a high standard. The protein boxes are perfect if you need something quick and healthy, as well as being full of flavour and having lots to choose from. The eggs and smashed avocado are also my go-to breakfast favourite!”
Alexandra Pledge – Online Marketing Assistant, prettylittlething.com
“The food at kettlebell is always really nice. They have a good range of choice so food doesn’t get boring and their staff are all really nice.”